Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Welcome To Our Humble Abode

Alright you asked and you shall receive! Tonight I know I said I was going to do the crock pot chicken but unfortunately the chickens and I didn't get along so I will cook them tonight and have it up tomorrow :)

Tonight I'm going to walk you through our apartment and show you how we decided to set it up. It's so much fun going from having enough stuff of your own to fill a mansion, to sharing an apartment with your spouse (NOT!). But here are some ideas for organizing so that you can cram more crap in :) yeay!

Welllll lets get started! With the bedroom :) Now ya'll know I LOVE my shoes... unfortunately they were one of the items I did have to go down on in quantity because lets be honest... no house on Earth could have fit all the shoes I had. But here is how I store my shoes. All my flats hang on the back of my door and all my heals are on shelves in my closet. 


It only took us one try to figure out how we wanted to set our bedroom furniture. THANK GOD. 


 (Guess which dresser I gave to the hubs haha)


 I LOVE my laundry baskets! They are so convenient to take to the laundromat, they velcro on and off so I can sort them out at home during the week and jsut take the loads there. Just an FYI we sort dark's, colors/lights, towels, and the honeys smelling work/school uniforms.

 Inside the closet I found these awesome hangers at Bed, Bath & Beyond. They seriously free up so much space for both of us. I have all my hoodies AND jeans and regular T-shirts hung up inside the closet and you'll see... it's a tiny closet.

 I like that we placed all our towels and extra sets of bed sheets on the top shelf.

In our "hallway" we had the perfect amount of space for my large black bookshelf so I turned it into more storage...

This is where we keep all of our dry storage food. In an apartment that has two chefs living in it, cupboard space is valuable and not to be wasted on dry food storage. So I have all our dry storage and our cookbooks on this book shelf I bought at Target.

Onto the bathroom. I got this nifty little black stand at Bed, Bath & Beyond and I love it :) It has cloth drawers and a sturdy wooden shelf for the "table top" part of it. This is where I store all the girly products, hair products and extra toilet paper. 


I picked up a cheap little plastic thing at Walmart to store all my make-up in.


To the bat cave! Just kidding, it's only our living room :)
 
 (couch and rug courtesy of my mom and Randy!)
 This is our TV stand! I saw it and had to have it! I got it and Target and it's perfect for what I want it for. One day we'll get a DVD stand for our movies, and another wicker basket but for now this is what we got :)

Here are our closet pictures, we have some extremely random things in there.





Our dining room <3
 Drum roll please....... The Kitchen *angels chorus begins*. Ok so it's not that awesome but it's ours and we love it. Here is how we organize in no specific order.








So there you have it. That is our humble abode and how we organize at the Bell house. If ever you need help organizing go to Walmart and grab a hand full of the cheapest plastic bins you can and go home, label, and sort everything and anything. I have mild CDO (that's the proper way to spell OCD for those of us who have it) and I can't sleep unless I'm semi organized... dear baby Jesus help me when I have kiddos. But Walmart and Target saved my life when it came to getting started. 

Plus think about one thing at a time, in the Kitchen do one cupboard at a time, One room at a time, one bundle of items at a time. If you look at everything you need to organize you'll never do it because you'll be discouraged before you even start :)

"Sometimes your organized isn't someone elses clean. Luckily their clean isn't your organized."

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving your sense of organization!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully I'll keep it when little ones come along haha

      Delete
  2. So I have a storage thing like your dry food shelf and I bought a cheap shower tension rod and put a curtain on it to hide the contents of the storage shelf (curtains give you more options usually). Cheap idea if you ever wanted to close that off shelf area to make it out of sight and its easy access just pushing a curtain back :) I LOVE your blog its like a day in the life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! We thought about doing that, but we decided we really loved the feel of being able to see the spices and food :) I don't know why. Maybe we just like always feeling like we're in a kitchen, but I do love that idea.

      Delete