Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Tour of the City

One of the benefits of being in New York is being able to go into the city whenever I feel like it. Luckily, that feeling only comes once in a blue moon. But this was a special occasion! My husband graduated from the Culinary Institute of America! He's amazing, he graduated while working full time, getting married and having to be a husband :) he's pretty awesome. Here's our photo from graduation!


After the graduation we went to lunch at the Italian restaurant on campus. And so began the weekend of gorging ourselves... I seriously only wanted liquids after this crazy weekend of constantly shoving food in our faces! 

After lunch we headed down to the city. We decided to stay in NJ instead of the city because it's a lot less expensive, for reals.While we were in Jersey we decided to go to the Cake Boss... it was fun :) it was cool to see the place but honestly, the pastries were terrible. Between the lack of flavor and how horribly made they were I wasn't impressed. But it was a blast non the less. I think everyone should go and see a cool famous TV show spot at least once in their life. 

And no lets get to the tour portion of the blog:

Good Morning!!! Or not... here we are at the start of the day. Is my head really that big in real life

 
this is my mom and my step dad, they look much more awake than the hubs and I


And m beautiful sister in law, she deffinitely looks like she's struggling along with the two of us!


On the tour bus around the city! I learned some really fun things that I never knew about NY. Did you know that the man who started to build the Brooklyn bridge died in the process of it being built and it wasn't his son who finished in but his daughter in law... and she was only 22! What an inspiration! And they didn't think that it was stable enough to walk on so a leader of the circus decided to have a parade across it and that when people started using it... after all the elephants crossed and it didn't break! Craaazzy.



One of the tribute towers... such a breath taking experience


One of the pools of remembrance for all the victims of 9/11


 

They call this the "survival tree". It has survived three major catastrophies including the 9/11 attack and a huge fire that wiped out hundreds of buildings.


 Lady Liberty!



Welcome to Elise Island... looking much more awake!


Hahaha ok I know this is inappropriate but I couldn't resist! How hilarious is this sign!!!!


Has anyone ever seen When Henry Met Sally??? Anyone, anyone? Ok well you know that scene where the lady says "I'll have what she's having." {watch here} THIS IS THE PLACE!!! And oh by the way, it was a phenomenal place! It was such a fun atmosphere and the food is delicious! I got the pastrami sandwich and it was as big as my head! so yummy.


Here's me scared shitless on the top of the Empire State building 




So there ya have it! Our fun tour of the city!!! Some how I managed to not get a single photo of my in laws which is amazing to me... but rest assured I will get them in a photo!!! Hope you enjoyed your cyber tour of the city :)

Happy Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment