Monday, August 27, 2012

Thank God for Technology

I have been doing quite a bit of research on the good ol' Google for an online or technology based recipe saver. You know, there are some pretty awesome ones out there! Mark and I have soooo many recipes (thank you bridal shower) for family and friends and from the places we've worked that I want an online resource where I can access my recipes no matter where I am. Also, if the house goes up in flames (Dear baby Jesus no) I would really like to not have to grab every single cook book and then leave, I wouldn't make it out and you know I'm not leaving them in the house! 

So here is some of the research I have done (thank you 9th grade English class for instilling research into my head):


This one is the one I think I am going to purchase! It has so many wonderful features on it. 
  • There is a place for you to find online recipes similar to what you're looking for 
  • You can get an entire breakdown of nutritional facts for every recipe you create 
  • You can make a hard copy/cookbooks of every recipe you have on there (hello Christmas gifts)
  • You can access it from you phone, apple or droid, and it is compatiable with macs and dells
  • You can instal it on multiple computers 
  • It has a menu planner AND creates a shopping list for you (Say what!!!)
Ok there are so many other awesome features about this one I am getting giddy just thinking about it. I digress. This is my #1 choice but I will continue to give you options because hey, we can't all be Mrs Bell's!


If you aren't looking to spend money I would recommend this one. It has basically the same features of the Cook'n software, but you just have to remember that you get what you pay for. It's a FREE online forum so you are limited in some ways. Unfortunately I haven't personally used it so I can't give you 100% accurate advise but hey there is a comment section below, help each other out, if you try it give us some feed back!

Here are a few more free online organizers for recipes:
  • Foodfolio (this is like pinterest you have to be invited to it)
  • Allrecipes (you can be a FREE member of pay $17.50 yr)
And here are some more paid ones:
Well that's all I have for tonight. If you try one of these out Plllleassse share your findings and opinions with us so that we can jump on the band wagon or run the opposite direction :) 

Happy end of MONDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment